(1) 190 million Americans (61 percent of the total population) watched an average of 397 online videos in the month of January 2014.
(2) One-in-12 videos was watched via mobile in 2012, the ratio had shifted to one-in-six just a year later in 2013.
(3) The duration of the average online content video was 4.4 minutes, while the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes.
(4) The information contained in a single minute of video is equal to more than 1.8 million written words.
(5) Videos increase people’s understanding of a product and/or service by nearly 75%.
(6) 75% of users visit their marketers website or seek further information after viewing a video.
(7) Real estate listings with videos receive 403% more inquiries than those without them.
(8) 45% of viewers stop watching video after the 1-minute mark. 60% are uninterested by the second minute.
(9) On average, 72 hours of video are uploaded to Youtube every minute.
A. Brent Lovell